Creativity:


“Inspiration comes and goes, creativity is the result of practice.” ~Phil Cousineau


Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Quilting in Progress

I've been very busy...not working on the house. I've been quilting and taking full advantage of having a great crafting room!!

Lisa and I worked together to make two quilts for our co-workers. One was a baby quilt. It was double sided and adorable. Neither Lisa nor I wanted to give it up. We did though and are glad that Baby Lindy has such a beautiful quilt to hang out on.
My side of Lindy's double sided quilt

The second quilt that we worked on together was for one of the Track Coaches- Amanda. She volunteered her time, so we thought it would be a nice thank you gift. We created a quilt that looks like a sunset. We had a great time getting out of our color comfort zone and loved the final quilt.
Front side of Amanda's Sunset quilt
Back side of Amanda's Sunset quilt




The third quilt that I've completed in my new room is a baby Quilt for Baby Kaddatz. It was very fun to make and I loved the little monkey fabrics. This quilt was also the very 1st quilt that I machine quilted on my new machine!!
Baby Kaddatz's Monkey quilt


Besides these three quilts, I've got several other quilts in different stages of completeness. I have a black and yellow quilt that I'm quilting, a blue and green batik quilt also in the quilting stage. I'm about to layer a Stain Glass quilt and to begin quilting it as well. Between all of the quilting, I'm going to begin piecing a fourth quilt, too. It is a red and white quilt. After I'm done with that one, I've got the fabrics- blue, purple, and green batiks for another quilt. I'm going to be super busy this summer. Maybe I'll be able to get some work on the house done, though it isn't really looking like it. (wink wink)







No comments:

Post a Comment